Monday, October 24, 2011

Nice Shot

Today was the first day I shot my gun... There's my target. Only four weeks after I picked it up. I'm always busy, but even I know that I need to make some Range time and shoot more often to become consistent... Much more often than once a month, that's for sure! Anyway, I'm not sure if it was just my schedule holding me back or the fact that I am still such a novice, but I'll admit it, I was anxious, maybe even a little (gasp) apprehensive at first. I quickly got over that once I squeezed the trigger... Again and again. I chose the Ruger LC9 for a few reasons, but mostly because I liked the feel of it... It's compact and light... And that's very important when choosing a firearm. I've noticed more women searching for the perfect gun and I recommend finding something that feels good and go from there. Sight is a factor and I am left eye dominant and right hand dominant, so I use the isosceles shooting stance to ensure balance. While I'm not used to the double-action type trigger pull yet, I'm confident that with more and more practice, I'll get the hang of it soon enough. Nice shot, even if I do say so myself.

1 comment: